ST . ANTHONY’S VISITOR GUIDELINES
St. Anthony’s remains open to ALL and we look forward to having you here! The following guidelines are designed to keep those who choose to visit us as safe as possible. Please be aware that these guidelines are subject to change as the situation with COVID-19 evolves. Our guidelines can also be found on our website and will be made available by request.
- Love your neighbor! Always wear a face covering in the house! Everyone – guests, presenters, staff members, volunteers and residents – must wear a face covering at all times in common areas, including their meetings, unless they are eating or showering. St. Anthony’s has a limited supply of face coverings for those who do not have their own.
- St. Anthony’s has implemented the CDC guidelines of 6-foot physical distancing and physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Our chapel, conference rooms and dining room spaces have been set for physical distancing. Please do not move any tables or chairs from their original positions.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances and exits.
- While St. Anthony’s remains open to all, in order to keep our guests, staff and residents safe, all entrances will remain locked until further notice. Visitors to St Anthony’s may call our front office for an appointment to enter the building.
- Every visitor, including staff members and volunteers, will be checked in at the front entrance by a screener. Every visitor to St Anthony’s will complete and sign a brief questionnaire at that time, and their temperature will be taken and documented by the screener before being admitted into the building.
- To avoid congestion in the front entrance, visitors will need to call for admittance into the building or remain in their vehicles or outside until the screener can bring them into the building safely.
- Day or evening groups of 10 or fewer will meet in the Solanus Center, where their members can easily sit at least 6 feet away from one another.
- We are welcoming groups for overnight retreats but the group size will be limited to no more than 25 until further notice. This is the maximum number we can safely accommodate at this time.
- For the protection of both our guests and our housekeeping staff, sleeping rooms and meeting areas will sit empty for twenty-four hours between occupants.
- Bedspreads will be washed between each guest. All bedding will be provided, however extra blankets will not be available. Guests may wish to bring an extra blanket with them, especially during the cold weather months.
- Guests who are not staying in a suite will be assigned a specific shower stall and toilet stall in a shared restroom near their sleeping room. Disinfecting cleaners/wipes will be available in restrooms for those guests who may feel more comfortable wiping down surfaces before touching them.
- All meals will be served buffet style in the dining room. Guests will serve themselves after sanitizing their hands at the dining room entrance. Plastic gloves will be provided as well. A food tray will be handed to each individual guest by kitchen staff upon entry into the dining room. Drinks will be dispensed by kitchen staff.
- While instrumental and piped in music is allowed, singing is not permitted at mass or prayer services as group singing is a high-risk activity.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the chapel so that participants can sanitize their hands before taking their seat and during the Mass or prayer service as needed.
- For those staying overnight or participating in group retreats, we ask that you sit in the same place each time you are in the dining room, the conference room or the chapel during your stay.
- The bookstore will be closed to groups until further notice. A staff member will be able to retrieve specific materials upon request.
Gathering people from disparate households into a room for conversation over an extended period is high-risk behavior, even if all participants wear face coverings and maintain proper physical distancing. Indeed, this is one of the most effective ways to spread the virus. Please remember the already well publicized guidelines we have become familiar with mentioned below:
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Stay at least six feet away from other people.
Thank-you for adhering to these guidelines when visiting St. Anthony’s Spirituality Center!