St . ANTHONY’S VISITOR GUIDELINES
St. Anthony’s remains open to ALL and we look forward to having you here! The following guidelines are designed to keep those who choose to visit us as safe as possible. Please be aware that these guidelines are subject to change as the situation with COVID-19 evolves. Our guidelines can also be found on our website and will be made available by request.
- Love your neighbor! Always wear a mask in the house! Everyone – guests, presenters, staff members, volunteers and residents – must wear a mask at all times in common areas, including their meetings, unless they are eating or showering. St. Anthony’s has a limited supply of masks for those who do not have their own.
- St. Anthony’s has implemented the CDC guidelines of 6-foot physical distancing and physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Our chapel, conference rooms and dining room spaces have been set for physical distancing. Please do not move any tables or chairs from their original positions.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances and exits.
- While St. Anthony’s remains open to all, in order to keep our guests, staff and residents safe, all entrances will remain locked until further notice. Visitors to St Anthony’s may call our front office for an appointment to enter the building.
- Every visitor, including staff members and volunteers, will be checked in at the front entrance by a screener. Temperature and oxygen levels will be taken and documented. Every visitor to St Anthony’s will also complete and sign a brief questionnaire at that time.
- To avoid congestion in the front entrance, visitors will need to call for admittance into the building or remain in their vehicles or outside until the screener can bring them into the building safely.
- Day or evening groups of 10 or fewer will meet in the Solanus Center, where their members can easily sit at least 6 feet away from one another. Those groups will be given instructions on taking the temperatures and oxygen levels of their members as well as any specific cleaning requirements.
- We are welcoming groups for overnight retreats but the group size will be limited to no more than 25 until further notice. This is the maximum number we can safely accommodate for an overnight stay at this time.
- For the protection of both our guests and our housekeeping staff, sleeping rooms, restrooms and meeting areas will sit empty for two days before cleaning and before the next occupant arrives.
- Bedspreads and blankets will be washed between each guest.
- Each private retreatant will be assigned to a suite.
- For those attending group retreats, St. Anthony’s will put as many guests as possible in suites, while assigning a specific shower stall and specific toilet stall to those guests who need to share restrooms. Disinfecting cleaners/wipes will be available in restrooms for those guests who may feel more comfortable wiping down surfaces before touching them.
- All meals, including the salad, will be plated, and served by kitchen staff.
- While instrumental music is allowed, singing is not permitted at mass or prayer services as group singing is a high-risk activity.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the chapel so that participants can sanitize their hands before taking their seat and during the Mass or prayer service as needed.
- For those staying overnight or participating in group retreats, we ask that you sit in the same place each time you are in the dining room, the conference room or the chapel during your stay.
- The bookstore will be closed to groups until further notice. A staff member will be able to retrieve specific materials upon request.
Gathering people from disparate households into a room for conversation over an extended period is high-risk behavior, even if all participants wear face coverings and maintain proper physical distancing. Indeed, this is one of the most effective ways to spread the virus. Remember the already well publicized guidelines we have become familiar with mentioned below:
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Stay at least six feet away from other people.
Thank-you for adhering to these guidelines when visiting St. Anthony’s Spirituality Center!