All of us at St. Anthony Spirituality Center extend a warm Franciscan welcome to both newcomers and our regular retreatants!
St. Anthony’s continues to follow the CDC guidelines for health and safety precautions. Hand sanitizer and areas for handwashing are available for use throughout our facility. We believe that wearing a face covering is an individual choice and you are encouraged to do what is most comfortable for you based on your own level of comfort and personal circumstances. To honor St Anthony’s commitment as a place of peace and tranquility, your choice will be respected throughout the center, and we are grateful to all our guests for doing the same. Please take care of yourself and those around you by staying home if you have a fever or any other COVID-19 symptoms; if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or if you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last five (5) days. Questions may be directed to Jacqueline Kellner, Center Director at (715) 443-2236, Ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARKING is available in the following places:
- In the lot on the south (front) side of the house.
- In the spaces reserved for those with disabled plates or hang-tags. Two of these spaces are located in the south (front) lot. Three are located on the south side of the house near the wheelchair ramp.
- One more space is located on the east side of the house near the entry to the Solanus Center.
ITEMS THAT WE PROVIDE: linens, towels, tissues, soap (look for the wall-mounted dispenser in each shower and in the restrooms), a disposable water cup, a fan in your room, and clothes hangers in your room. Space heaters are available upon request. Travel-sized personal hygiene items are available for purchase, as needed.
ITEMS THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO BRING:
- WE DO NOT HAVE BLANKETS AVAILABLE. Please bring yours from home.
- A journal, if you have one. There may be some available for purchase in our bookstore.
- Shower shoes or flip flops
- An alarm clock may also come in handy.
ITEMS THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO LEAVE AT HOME: Your cell phone, your laptop, and any other items that may distract you from deepening your spiritual life. A guest telephone and guest computer are available for your use, if needed. Family members can contact you in an emergency by calling 715-574-4372.
BED MAKING: Linens and sheets will be in your room when you arrive. We ask that you make your bed before you sleep in it and leave your sheets, bedspreads and towels in a hamper when you leave. If you are unable to make your bed, please let us know ahead of time, so someone from housekeeping will be available to make it up for you.
BOOKSTORE: If you are coming to one of our sponsored programs or coming with a hosted group, our Bookstore will have scheduled times for you to shop. If you are coming on a private retreat and would like to shop during your stay, please let the office know when you check in so we can arrange a time to open the Bookstore for you.
SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS? If you have specific food allergies or medical dietary needs, please let us know about them at least one week prior to the beginning of your retreat. You may contact Cecilia Gruetzmacher at email@example.com or 715-443-2236 ext. 139 to discuss your dietary needs.
STORING FOOD: If you need to bring extra food for dietary reasons, we have a retreatant’s refrigerator in the Hesse Lounge. There is a microwave available in the same area for your use.
REMEMBER TO DRESS IN LAYERS. It’s difficult to maintain a constant temperature throughout a house as large as St. Anthony’s. Bring layers so that you’re prepared for both cooler and warmer temperatures indoors and out.
SPIRITUAL DIRECTION . . . may be available during your retreat. Spiritual Direction, which brings seekers and directors together as companions on their respective spiritual journeys, is a valuable resource for all who seek to better understand the actions and presence of the Divine in their lives. If you would like to schedule a session with a Spiritual Director during your retreat, please call our office to let us know. We can schedule sessions more efficiently if you request a Spiritual Direction session in advance. Sessions last about one hour. The cost for a session is $45, payable to the Spiritual Director.
RETREATS ARE FOR YOUR SOUL: We invite you to feed your soul by also enjoying the peaceful serenity of the outdoors. Enjoy our wooded walking trails, outdoor Stations of the Cross, gazebo or just a walk on the front lawn under the magnificent trees.
Marathon Area Swim Center is just a few blocks away and open to non-members. Guests of St. Anthony’s may purchase a day pass at the Marathon Area Swim Association for the discounted price of $5 per day. Visit their website here to see the swim schedules. You will need to show your name tag or door tag from St. Anthony’s to qualify for the discounted price.
HOUSE RULES: In order to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests in our home, we ask that you please abide by the following rules. If you are unable or unwilling to abide by these rules, you will be asked to leave, and you will not be issued a refund of your retreat fees.
- No pets allowed, with the exception of licensed service animals. If you will bring a licensed service animal to your retreat, please submit your service animal’s certification papers to our Center Director, Jackie Kellner. You can scan and e-mail a copy of the papers to Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to her at 300 E 4th Street, Marathon, WI, 54448.
- Shoes must be worn at all times in the dining room and kitchen. Slippers or socks are OK in the other common areas of the house.
- Smoking is not allowed in the house. If you smoke outdoors, please smoke at least 15 feet away from the house.
- Silence – and time for silent contemplation – are vital to the process of spiritual renewal. Even if your retreat is not explicitly described as a silent retreat, please respect others’ enjoyment of silence. It is especially important to respect silence during the night and at all times when you are in or near the sleeping quarters at St. Anthony’s.
EXTEND YOUR STAY WITH A PRIVATE RETREAT! Whether you are coming to one of our sponsored retreats or coming with a hosted group, you are welcome to extend your stay a day or two by scheduling a private retreat at the beginning or end of your group retreat. What could be easier?! Morning and Evening Prayer are available, Monday through Friday, and Spiritual Direction can be arranged during your private retreat. Mass and Reconciliation are available at our local parish, just up the hill. Let us know if you’d like to incorporate any of these elements into your stay. To make arrangements for a private retreat at the beginning or end of your group retreat, contact Sr. Barb Knauf at email@example.com or 715-443-2236 ext 114.
Please know that you are included in the prayers of St. Anthony’s staff, residents, and volunteers as your retreat approaches. May you be blessed greatly both in the days before and during your time with us.